Welcome to the Victoria Mac Users Group Forums.
Jump right in! Browse the topics, ask questions, make comments, share tips and tricks, or reply to existing topics.

How to start a new topic?

Instructions about using the forum
Forum rules
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TimRichards
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to start a new topic?

Postby TimRichards » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:46 pm

It seems there is no way to start a new topic when looking at the home page, the board index page which lists the current threads. Am I missing something? It seems alogical place to be able to start a new topic, that is, without being in another topic.???
tfindlay
Site Admin

Re: How to start a new topic?

Postby tfindlay » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:31 pm

I see what you mean Tim but to post a new topic you first click on a category then create the new topic within that category. This way topics are categorized as they are created.
TimRichards

Postby TimRichards » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Makes sense, now I think about it. Thanks Terry. Just needs a bit of getting used to. :?
dhoro

Postby dhoro » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:35 am

So I clicked on this category and want to start a new topic. However, I cannot see any buttons that invite me to enter a topic heading nor where I should pose my question or issue.
TimRichards

Postby TimRichards » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:17 am

This is one level too deep. Go back to where you see the broad categories like MacOS 10. Click into one of those broad categories and you will see start a new topic button there. Good luck!
tfindlay
Site Admin

Postby tfindlay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:51 am

On the Index page click on the appropriate category for your topic. For example, if you have a question about your iPad click on the iOS category. Once in the category click on New Topic. Compose your topic and click the Submit button.

If you want to be notified when someone replies to your topic. Click on the wrench icon to the left of the Search field and choose "Subscribe topic".

subscribeToTopic.jpg
subscribeToTopic.jpg (40.91 KiB) Viewed 2357 times

Return to “How to use the forum”