Welcome to the Victoria Mac Users Group Forums.
Jump right in! Browse the topics, ask questions, make comments, share tips and tricks, or reply to existing topics.

Ghost Image on Screen

Mac desktop computers, OS X, Mac software
Forum rules
RideForever

Ghost Image on Screen

Postby RideForever » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:10 am

Using a MacBook Pro, 13", 2017 with a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor and running macOS High Sierra v10.13.6

I noticed a few days ago a random ghost image on the screen - see screen shot attached. Normally, I just put the unit to Sleep when not using and every few days do a hard shut down. Rebooting does not eliminate the ghosting.

I use Malwarebytes Premium for protection and it is up-to-date and nothing quarantined or negative reports..

Comments/suggestions would be most welcome.

David
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.38.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.38.09 PM.png (131.47 KiB) Viewed 325 times
chas_m

Re: Ghost Image on Screen

Postby chas_m » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:21 pm

RideForever wrote:I noticed a few days ago a random ghost image on the screen - see screen shot attached. Normally, I just put the unit to Sleep when not using and every few days do a hard shut down.

The screenshot of course doesn't show the ghosting because it is likely to be some kind of screen burn-in. You'll need to take (and post) a camera picture of the screen for us to see the ghosting. If it is indeed screen burn-in, that's usually only accomplished when a static image is left on the screen at high brightness for a long time, and it doesn't sound like you've done anything that would cause that.

Can you describe what you can make out of the ghost imaging?
RideForever

Postby RideForever » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Charles, I am in transit heading back to Victoria and there MBP is packed away so using iPad. What I recall is that a portion of the ghosting was like a doily with the curly fringes. Will follow up more in about a week. Thanks. David
RideForever

Postby RideForever » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Charles, for the moment, the ghosting seems to have disappeared ????
If it comes back, I will try to get a better screen shot.
D

Return to “Mac OS X”