Photo by Robert Marinkovic on Pixabay
Apple is recalling some older three-prong wall plug adapters designed for use in the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong because they can break in such a way as to pose an electrical shock hazard. Apple included the affected adapters with Macs, iOS devices, and the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit from 2003 to 2010.
The affected adapters are entirely white and have no letters on the inside slot. The newer, improved adapters are gray on the inside section.
To start the exchange process, contact Apple Support, an Apple retail store, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider and provide the serial number of the accompanying device (or just tell them you bought the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit).
This isn’t Apple’s only plug adapter recall—also see “Apple Recalls Some International Wall Plug Adapters” (28 January 2016) for details on a recall for two-prong adapters designed for use in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, continental Europe, Korea, and New Zealand.
- New Members
- Xebec’s Tri-Screen Attaches Extra Screens to a MacBook
- Plastic Fantastic Trainer: Get Stealth Exercise at Home
- LG 27UK850-W: An Acceptable 27-inch Display for the Mac
- Apple Publishes Device and Data Access Safety Advice
- App Store Wars: Facebook vs. Apple, Publishers vs. Apple, Apple vs. Brave