Apple has released iOS 11.1.2 to address two issues with the iPhone X: one where the screen becomes temporarily unresponsive after a rapid temperature drop and another that could cause distortions in Live Photos and videos.
You can get the iOS 11.1.2 update, which is 51.4 MB on an iPhone X, in Settings > General > Software Update or via iTunes.
Despite the fact that the two bugs described apply only to the iPhone X, Apple has made iOS 11.1.2 available to all iOS devices. So, if you have an iPhone X, and particularly if you live in a cold climate, it’s probably worth updating within a few days.
Owners of other iOS devices can likely wait for another update because this one has no security fixes.
- New Members – Joined in November
- December SIGs
- Winner Circle – From November Meeting
- Practical Ways To Use QR Codes
- iPad Productivity Gets a Boost with iOS 11
- iOS 11.1.2 Fixes iPhone X Cold and Live Photo Problems
- Face ID’s Innovation: Continuous Authentication
- Early iPhone X Reviews Praise Screen, Face ID
- Apple Starts Pushing High Sierra on Unsuspecting Mac Users