Welcome to the Victoria Mac Users Group Forums.
Jump right in! Browse the topics, ask questions, make comments, share tips and tricks, or reply to existing topics.

Transition from iPhoto to Photos

Mac desktop computers, OS X, Mac software
Forum rules
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Donrut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Transition from iPhoto to Photos

Postby Donrut » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:33 pm

My Albums in iPhoto are contained in hall-a-dozen or so separate Libraries. As I make the transition from iPhoto to Photos (one of these days I'll have to bite the bullet!) I would like to keep it that way. How do I ensure that my Albums will appear in separate Libraries in Photos, as before?

Don Rutgers
El Cap, iPhoto 9.6.1, Photos 1.5
chas_m

Re: Transition from iPhoto to Photos

Postby chas_m » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:28 pm

This page should have the information you need:

http://www.imore.com/how-import-multipl ... hotos-os-x
Donrut

Postby Donrut » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:47 am

Thanks, Chas, but the article doesn't make it clear whether Aperture imports each Library separately, or consolidates all Libraries into one. I would like to keep them separate.
Don
chas_m

Postby chas_m » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Donrut

Postby Donrut » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:11 pm

PowerPhotos would likely do the trick, but I'm reluctant to pay the $30 for it. I'll just wait until Apple, in a future iteration of Photos, introduces this vary basic feature.
Don
chas_m

Postby chas_m » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Return to “Mac OS X”